InBatch of Wonderware

emersalvador

Hello guys, Anyone here using InBatch of Wonderware? Our system is using this batching system (InBatch). We always experienced hanging of this system wherein we need to restart the Batch Manager in order to resume operation which control whole plant. We used Contrologix of rockwell as our PLC. Thanks.

We use InBatch in our factory. If you could be a little more specific about your problem, I might be able to help. What kind of hanging are you seeing? Is it during a specific recipe or on a specific unit or phase? What do you see in the Batch viewer when this happens? Any other troubleshooting details you can include would help.

Thanks Buddy. Our production run simulataneous recipe approximately 12 recipes in different areas. One example is that emptying of one tank and the other is in Queue. We will only know that the system already hangs up when it didn't switch to the queued tank. Then the recipe will now be on "HELD" but in the batch scheduler it is still running. InBatch Connection is normal (Display Connected, everything is normal.
After a 5 mins. a pop information on the Inbatch application "Application ready for termination". All runtime application indicating running. But if you try to reconnection InBatch application it will not proceed. Restarting Intouch will not proceed to normal WindowViewer (Connection failed). So inorder to switch back to running, we stopped then restart Batch Manager. Then reconnect all HMI then update InBatch recipe.Are not having problem with your InBatch?

We are not having issues with our system. It has been in place and running for about 4 years now with a couple of minor issues that I was able to troubleshoot and fix. A few questions for you:

1. What version of InBatch are you running?
2. How long has this system been in place and running without incident?
3. If the system has been in place for a while and this is a problem that you have never seen, has there been any changes to the physical system or to the model?
4. What applications are you running on the same server as InBatch? How are you connecting to the PLC, i.e. what I/O server are you using and is it on the same node as your batch server or a different node?
5. Are you trending any phase alarms that might help troubleshoot the problem?

Let's start with the answers to these and go from there.

Since our system has been installed we have already this problem. Wonderware representative already came in to see problem but they were not able to pinpoint the problem. For PLC we have 6 Rockwell L64 processors),8 Windows 2003 Server SP2,23 Processing Operator Stations (Windows XP SP2),4 Ethernet switches, 6 VLANs(Cisco), 6 Wireless Barcode reader terminals

If I am understanding your post correctly, you are saying that this has been a problem since the system was put in. Judging by the hardware and software you mentioned, it sounds like the system is relatively new. Was the system installed by an outside integrator or was it done in-house? If outside resource was used, they should be helping you troubleshoot and fix the problem. If it is an in-house installation, go back to my post and answer question 1, 4, and 5. Along with those, do you see any errors in the WW Logger on either the InBatch servers or the InTouch nodes?

I'll try to help if I can, but the help you receive here is only as good as the information you can provide. Please provide as much detail as you can.

InBatch is a relational database on a central server with InTouch & RDB manupilation capabilities. The ControlLogix you are using, Windows 2003 Server OS, Windows XP SP2 as views and Wonderware products are a lethal combination in automation. 3rd party supplies on the field equipment should have certification from Rockwell & Wonderware, with integration capabilities. The initial design is most important for the well being of the end result. If you can send some more related data on the installation (hard & software), communication protocol/s, server function and any other info that you feel might have a impact on this. I am positive that this forum will be able to sort this one out.