Step7 press control german to english translation

rigicon

Hi,
I am debugging a Press built in germany. I have the original comments in german and as it is a complicated program I am slowly trying to understand how it works it has analog in/out and asi bus all over it including a op170 HMI.
Babelfish translations are not that good.
Does anyone know a good technical german to english web site?
i will only change the comments to start with but would like to change the symbols eventually, bit scared though as lots of indirect and direct addressing, is there a safe way of doing this.
Thanks alot in advance.

Sorry i don't know of a site. What type of press are you degugging, stamping, forging, vacuume, etc?

Sorry i don't know of a site. What type of press are you degugging, stamping, forging, vacuume, etc?

Interior car door panels - punching press - big hydraulic beast - (oil everywhere-well seems like it)

I am a AB guy so not much help on Step 7. I do know mechanical presses so if I can be of any help let me know.

To be honest Jeffkiper I wish this was an AB so much easier I prefer AB.
This machine works great in manual mode. In auto it comes down fast(correct) and then when the measurement is correct it stops - that's it. .... supposed to go to slow speed and crunch away to the bottom then punch etc. get no movement errors etc. There is a down valve & a fast valve energised for fast and off for slow - it works. disconnected etc in manual. The plc does play with flow and pressure at the pump which seems to be working. Prob is the program is a universal program so it can accomadate many tools. So lots of Data words with german comments that have values associated with this tool - i need to decipher the data words to their function.

Maybe zip it and upload here? I think many in here are fluent in german and can translate it for you.

Why do you need to translate it, has machine been working and now has some malfunction?

Maybe zip it and upload here? I think many in here are fluent in german and can translate it for you.
That's a bit unfair - lots of work - I don't mind translating it but I only know very basic german understand 1/2 words out of 10.

Why do you need to translate it, has machine been working and now has some malfunction?
Machine was moved across country & reassembled.

Hi,
I am debugging a Press built in germany. I have the original comments in german and as it is a complicated program I am slowly trying to understand how it works it has analog in/out and asi bus all over it including a op170 HMI.
Babelfish translations are not that good.
Does anyone know a good technical german to english web site?
i will only change the comments to start with but would like to change the symbols eventually, bit scared though as lots of indirect and direct addressing, is there a safe way of doing this.
Thanks alot in advance.

Do a google search for 'Dictionary of Drives'
I believe the author is Thomas Antoni
Its a good technical translation book using different industry terms

Sorry guys.
I just thought it was a bit too much to ask. However here is the program archived in step 7. Any translation help would be much appreciated.

Archived using Step7 over 360kb media, produced 4 files
press_no6 = original step 7 zipped
press no6_1 = zipped must unzip first
press no6_2 = zipped must unzip first
press no6_3 = zipped must unzip first
All fell into plc.net upload conditions.

The HMI is not a problem as it is in english or german its the PLC program that I am debugging. Cheers.
I have done some translations.

I tried to load your Step7 zipped file but couldn't, the unzipper kept asking me to insert disk 3, which, since I was loading from my USB stick, I couldn't.

I'm not sure whether the problem is at my end or with your archive file so I'd be grateful if somebody could try loading the files - even if they can't speak German - and let me know where the problem lies.

Since I'm on short time until I get pushed into (unwanted) retirement in a couple of weeks, I've got a bit of time on my hands! ;)

LestatZA I will see during the week If I have some time,
Then I will translate the comments for you.

This would be most appreciated.

RMA I tried to load your Step7 zipped file but couldn't, the unzipper kept asking me to insert disk 3, which, since I was loading from my USB stick, I couldn't.

I will try myself again.
Because of this forums file size limit and format I had to spread the file over 4 files and make sure they were all zip files.
I used step7 to archive over a 360kB media. The first file (smallest) should be left zipped. the other three over 300kb must be unzipped with winzip. This will make them all into there raw format as Step7 made them.Below is what step7 made after the archive.
Press_no6 .zip (41kB)
Press_no6 .z01 (354kB)
Press_no6 .z02 (354kB)
Press_no6 .z03 (354kB)
Use step7 to retrieve - point to press_no6 .zip
This should work. It would of been easier if I could of uploaded the one file 1.1mB

I couldn't retrieve it either.

You could make the project a lot smaller by copying the blocks and symbol table to a library, archive the library and post it.

If the library is too big, then move blocks into another library until they are small enough to post.

Alternatively use email - establish contact via PM