ProFace Pro Server EX

Hi,

We've used a few proface screens and i personally think they're quite good. Tech support is good in uk and there's lots of functions.
Depends what you want to do really. Some of the smaller lower res screens don't look brilliant but this may just have been a settings issue.

We have a customer whose machines use nothing else and they don't have any hard buttons on the machine whatsoever and they've not had any failures or problems.

We tend to use red lion screens more often though as they're much cheaper. Traditionally, i used to moan about the programming software (Crimson 2)when compared with GP Pro EX but now crimson 3 is out, it seems much closer to gp pro. Tech support from RL is good although tends to be better after lunch when Dan and Mike are online here (Time difference you see!!!)
Hope that helps.
If you want any further info, drop me a message.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul.
I have used Proface HMI's for a while now and have no problems, very powerful nice easy software.
What I am really interested in is their Pro Server EX which is a SCADA able to talk to HMI's Touch PLC's etc. It would be nice if someone could give me feedback on this product, it's capabilities etc.

Hi I have a delay issue on communication between Proface touch screen and Control Techniques commander SK the delay is about 3 seconds and its doing my head in

Hi armo84

Should have started a new thread for this really.

We had a similar issue with dreadful update rates and found that playing with the timing delays (parameter xx.08 where xx is the slot number the apps module is in or if you're using the drive comms port, 11.26)
Also, there are some timing settings in GP Pro EX which can be changed. Can't remember what settings we ended up using but have a play with them. If you have comms but it's slow, it will 99% of the time be a timing issue on the communications bus.