Are there any EthernetI/P barcode printers yet?

James Fillmore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Sheesh. Been doing the Zebra or Sato serial port thing. You would think there would be and EthernetI/P version already from one of the big manufacturers or have I just not found it yet.

I haven't come across any that are ethernet/IP yet however this does not mean they are not available. I have however used serial to ethernet converters with barcode scanners in the past.

Call Real Time Automation They have a serial to EIP adapter that doesn't require any special setup in the PLC just write to a tag in tHe PLC and point the RTA adapter to that tag. I don't do serial anymore without one of these. If you count your time at $0.00 an hour you would still be money ahead to use one of these adapters.

Don't get all huffy, James... I see at least two options above that will work.

Call Real Time Automation They have a serial to EIP adapter...

This one actually appears to open up the whole world of ethernet printers:

I have done three systems printing barcodes on Zebra printers over Ethernet using Contrologix and EWEB cards.