Some Logix5000 Questions

kittydog42

I have a couple of basic questions.

1. Is there a way to delete an unused add-on instruction? Sometimes it seems to allow it, and other times not.

2. Is there a way to convert from REAL to INT[2] and back? This is to transmit data via Modbus in the proper format. I know that I can write an add-on instruction to do this the hard way but I am hoping that I just can't find the proper built-in solution.

1. If the AOI is truly unused and you are offline it should allow deletion. Hmmm.

2. COP allows movement between different types. The length is in terms of units of the destination so the COP of a real to INT would have a length of 2.

[Edit] Just now I made a copy of a program with an AOI. I had to delete the call to the AOI in the logic, then delete the AOI tag which was created when I made the original invocation of the AOI. Only then would 'delete' be enabled for the AOI.

Last edited:
You are right. I found a tag of the AOI type and that was the issue.

The COP worked great. Next time I am in Yakima I will buy you a pop.

Last edited: