Help with OPC/DDE

sherman4

Hi

I am running RSView32 with an SLC504 PLC project, I would like to retrieve my device information (Tags) using DDE/OPC instead of using the standard direct drivers. Althought I am configuring a DDE/OPC topic on RSLinx and creating a project on RSVIew32, I cannot address my tags to the SLC504.

Can anyone suggest me the right procedure to accomplish this?

Thank you !

Here are a couple of things you can try.

Run the OPC test client that comes with RSLinx Tools to
verify your topic is configured correctly. If you can read registers from the PLC with the test client your OPC topic configuration is correct. Next, I would insure your Node is set up correctly in RSView.
Be sure to check the enabled box. In the Server box enter the server as RSLinx OPC Server. Select Local if RSLinx and your RSView app
are running on the same box. And enter your topic name you created
in RSLinx into the Access Path Box. You should then be able to create tags using this node to locations in your PLC.