Where to Find Allen Bradley Prices?

I've been shopping for a used SLC500 to learn on. It would be helpful to know the original prices of items. Is that information available online? The AB site is not the easiest to navigate, but if their prices are listed there I would continue to search. It seems they are more interested in directing you to a sales rep.

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank

Going through your dealer usually gets you a reduction in price compared to what you see at the AB store. (though sitting down is still probably a good idea)

Thank you for your quick and very useful reply. I was sitting down, but my glasses still fell a foot or so to the keyboard.

The second hand prices look a whole lot fairer now. I've been using Koyo/PLCDirect/Automation Direct products; I've been spoiled.

Thanks again;
Frank

www.ebay.com is a source for used AB SLC 500 but if you dont trust that route then you may want to look at www.plccenter.com They offer a multitude of products at 50% of retail.

Another option is to get a MicroLogix1000, AB sells a small one for around $100 and the software (RSLogix500) is free but ONLY works with that one model. Its still RSLogix tho so will give you a feel for how it works. There are some instruction(s) that are different between MicroLogix and SLC but similar enough that when you crossed over it could easily be understood.

Hope this helps.

If your AB distributer is like mine, a year after you start buying items from Automation Direct, they will match or beat AD's prices on some items. My AB supplier wouldn't let me touch a 6" panel view for less than $2000. After I had already built about 60 machines with 8" EZTouch panels, they offered 6" touch only panelviews for about 60 bucks more than the EZTouch. I would have much rather used the Panelview, but after having that many in the field, it was too late to switch horses.

Thank you for the help

I've been going through the listings in Ebay. It is frustrating because I get the feeling I'm competeing with dealers. Everytime I think I'm onto a good deal someone with dozens of items for sale beats me out.

I'm hoping for something like a parent cleaning out a students room and wanting to get rid of that Allen Bradley radio looking thing.

I have learned quite a bit though. AB has a lot of stuff for the SLC500.

Thanks again;
Frank