WinCC symbols and tags not synchronised

mangletech

HI

As the title says really

Not sure what happened to be honest, updated my copy of WINCC 2008 to SP1, then got compilatation warnings for all my tags to all 3 PLCS total of over 700 warnings of "no valid connection to PLC"
Checked in the connection page, all looks good there all PLCS in their with correct node number etc and connection
In the Tag list, all the tags are highlighted in orange, with the message of "symbol and tag not synchronised"

any ideas chaps

many thanks

Neil B

Did you change the Connection?

If you have nested data structures, say DB Blocks with instance blocks within it, so that you have tags like:

MyMachine.MyMotor.Contactor.Running

(As it appears you do by looking at your screenshots)

and you change the Connection property associated with the tag, WinCC will get confused and truncate all the items before the last dot. For example:

MyMachine.MyMotor.Contactor.Running > Running
MyMachine2.MyMotor.Contactor.Running > Running
MyMachine3.MyMotor.Contactor.Running > Running

Once it does that, it will not be able to locate the tag in the Step 7 project to synchronize. Hence the message you are receiving and the orange background for the symbol column.

I don't think there is an easy fix for this. Either you didn't need to change your Connection and did so for testing, in which case you should use a backup to get it back the way it was, or you do, and you should export the tags first, change the connection, delete all the tags and import them back. (You may not need to delete them..)

Last edited:
Hi Neil,

This seems to be a new "feature" of WinCCFlex 2008 SP1. In particular I'm also seeing the same thing on projects with multiple controllers and particularly if you're editing more than 1 HMI simultaneously. Undergarments seem to get tangled when copying and pasting stuff between HMIs. I Haven't pinned this one down yet to a definate cause but I do have the same problem.

To reconect tags, highlight all the tags in orange (click first then shift click the last), right click and select reconnect. Reconnecting area pointers is a bit more of a pain.

If you find out anything usefull, please let us know.

Nick

Hi Neil,

This seems to be a new "feature" of WinCCFlex 2008 SP1. In particular I'm also seeing the same thing on projects with multiple controllers and particularly if you're editing more than 1 HMI simultaneously. Undergarments seem to get tangled when copying and pasting stuff between HMIs. I Haven't pinned this one down yet to a definate cause but I do have the same problem.

[...]

Nick

Nick,

I just tried this is WinCC Flexible 2007 and got the same result. I think it has beed a "feature" for some time now...

Jason

External Tag to Internal Tag

Dear All,

I Need a doubt to move the datas from external tag to internal tag using C Script..

Please suggest me the right way..

Dear All,

I Need a doubt to move the datas from external tag to internal tag using C Script..
If I copy some coding & edit to work..but I'm not able to edit that y..?

Please suggest me the right way..

Support, Why not start a new thread.
I'm up to my ears in **** saw a reply to MY problem, hoped it would bale me out of the sticky stuff, but hell, its a hijack

cheers MATE