TP 270 10" calibration problem

Krcedinac

Hello to all,

I have a problem that I am not able to solve. Operators started to complain on calibration of the panel. I tried to recalibrate but once you start you can not quit... the cross is keepeng to move and move and move... You have to disconet power supply in order to exit calibration procedure. After restart everything stays the same.

I replaced panel with another one. Then I upgraded the OS and downloaded the project (before WinCCFlex2007 and now WinCCFlex2008) but the situation is the same.

Any ideas what can be the problem...

I haven't worked on this particular panel but it sounds to me like your software is somehow interfering with the statement I replaced the panel. but the situation is the same. Try calibration from the box (once you have the OS loaded) and the calibration utility loaded. But before the OS upgrade. Or rather try a OS calibration combo that you know from previous experience works. Its possible the Driver for the screen may not like the new OS.

Hello again,

I think that I was not clear enough. I replaced the faulty panel and now I am trying to fix it. I hope that it is not hardware problem.
Once you enter the calibration page (Control Panel - OP - Calibration) the procedure never ends... it starts with cross on the middle of the screen, you press, it goes left upper corner, you press, it goes to the down left corner.... Finaly when it comes back to the center of the screen it should finish and go back to Control Panel. Instead of this you can continue to press croses on the screen indefenately utill you get sick and shut down the power supply.
When you swich on the panel again evetything is like before... it works good but only with mouse because calibration is still bad.

Hello again,

I think that I was not clear enough. I replaced the faulty panel and now I am trying to fix it. I hope that it is not hardware problem.
Once you enter the calibration page (Control Panel - OP - Calibration) the procedure never ends... it starts with cross on the middle of the screen, you press, it goes left upper corner, you press, it goes to the down left corner.... Finaly when it comes back to the center of the screen it should finish and go back to Control Panel. Instead of this you can continue to press croses on the screen indefenately utill you get sick and shut down the power supply.
When you swich on the panel again evetything is like before... it works good but only with mouse because calibration is still bad.

i think that with the update there is an update for the OS on the panel also,

here is what´s fixed in HF 5
https://support.automation.siemens....p1_hf5.pdf?func=cslib.csFetch&nodeid=41993268

Problems corrected in Hotfix 5
This Hotfix corrects the following problems:

● Incorrect Touch operation
If you activate a button on an MP 377 Touch with very little pressure, the touch function of
a different coordinate can be triggered sporadically.

Hello Ason,

I installed HF5 and upgraded OS, tried to calibrate...same thing. Downloaded project... same thing. Downgraded OS, tried...no results.
Final conclusion is that it must be some hardware problem...

Thanks for the tips...