TP 270 restore issue

Dear Jesper I tried to install back the old TP 270 so far it has been working, while the new one showing PLC disconnected. Channel setting is exactly the same OP address same 5 ...

Is the new TP270 reachable if you remove it from the Profibus network, and you connect your laptop directly without the profibus cable ?

Can you test the new TP270 on another PLC ?

The new TP270 isnt actually really new ?

TP270 has been discontinued for many years, and Siemens wont sell you are replacement.
You can send a defective for repair. I think, not sure if they will do it, if they do it will be very expensive. So I am guessing you have bought the new TP270 from some 3rd party.

If you have bought the new TP270 from a reseller then it is possible that it actually used, maybe refurbished, or maybe merely removed from some machine without testing.

edit: If it did not come in a new and sealed box, then assume that it is not new.

Last edited:
Hi Jesper, cannot connect to the new TP270 by MPI I use rs232 to restore,
Since downloading an image will set also copy the online connection parameters, and it does not connect to the PLC wheres the old TP270 connects OK, then I am afraid that the 'new' TP270 is defective.

You can try to check the setup of the MPI/DP port on the panel, but I think it gets set automatically by loading the image of the other panel, so I think there is no hope.

If you are replacing the TP270 because the screen has become dim, or the touch has become unresponsive, then maybe you can transfer the touchscreen from the new to the old panel.

It is also possible to boy the touch screen as replacement kit on ebay. Have never done it myself though.

Since downloading an image will set also copy the online connection parameters, and it does not connect to the PLC wheres the old TP270 connects OK, then I am afraid that the 'new' TP270 is defective.

You can try to check the setup of the MPI/DP port on the panel, but I think it gets set automatically by loading the image of the other panel, so I think there is no hope.

Thats what I thought also maybe the tp270 have issue on mpiport, already check the mpi setting on the panel identical with the old panel

The new TP270 isnt actually really new ?

TP270 has been discontinued for many years, and Siemens wont sell you are replacement.
You can send a defective for repair. I think, not sure if they will do it, if they do it will be very expensive. So I am guessing you have bought the new TP270 from some 3rd party.

If you have bought the new TP270 from a reseller then it is possible that it actually used, maybe refurbished, or maybe merely removed from some machine without testing.

edit: If it did not come in a new and sealed box, then assume that it is not new.

Bought the TP270 from a 3rd party the box is sealed and looks authentic will try to contact them and relay the issue