Button Design

ypf_108

Hello.Project a picture on the screen to achieve this requires 5 units start and stop the motor control. Such as click to start, stop button, pop-up "you sure you want to do this?", Click OK, the Executive Order. After clicking cancel, do not execute the command. How? Thank you
System Configuration,rsview32 7.20, rslogix5000 v15 rslinx2.43

Hello.Project a picture on the screen to achieve this requires 5 units start and stop the motor control. Such as click to start, stop button, pop-up "you sure you want to do this?", Click OK, the Executive Order. After clicking cancel, do not execute the command. How? Thank you
System Configuration,rsview32 7.20, rslogix5000 v15 rslinx2.43

On the first screen, map the button to Goto the confirmation screen... On the second screen, Tag the OK button to the motor start address in your PLC... pressing cancel will close the popup or take you back to the previous screen.

-Brian

Difficult problem is that different control button, click, pop-up box with a prompt, perform different actions.

Difficult problem is that different control button, click, pop-up box with a prompt, perform different actions.

Sorry, It's been a while since I dove into RSView, so I can't help you more with the logistics... On a Red Lion it would be easy using an addressing array. If it's only five buttons, you can always create five different pop up screens.

Edit: You could latch a bit with the Motor Start PB, this bit would cause a screen change to your confirmation display. Pressing "OK" would then trigger logic to activate a motor start. Cancel would clear any motor start commands, and return you to the previous screen. The important part would be to make sure that any latched bits where cleared.

-Brian

Last edited:
Added 6 motors? If the motor boxes blocking the other information? If too many boxes how to do? I mean, 10 motors only pop up a prompt box in order to avoid malfunction.

If I am understanding right, I would play with some visibility settings. You can set conditions for visibilty on most RSView items by using If/Then/Else statements. (IF [a] AND THEN Visibilty = true)
So you could have a start button used to turn on a bit in the PLC that hides the start button, and at the same time makes a text box, a cancel button and a ok button appear. If cancel is pressed make that set invisible, bring back the start button.
And so on.

Last edited: