Micrologix and ABB drives on Ethernet

Hello, I have a project where I have to use an AB Micrologix PLC (any type) and an ABB ACS550 drive. I would like to connumicate between the PLC and drive using ethernet if at all possible. I have read a few threads regarding Modbus which is an option but ethernet is preferred as I also have HMI to consider.
Does anyone know if this type of connection is possible?
Thanks

I don't think that the ML range can 'own IO' per-se, so this would include the VFD as well.

You may be able to do some explicit messaging, but using Modbus serial would be the easier option IMO anyway.

You can still use a HMI on ethernet though...

There is an Ethernet IP option board that you can purchase for the ACS550 drive, check with your supplier for a cost and delivery.