Momentum M1 + option adapter(MODBUS PLUS)

Hi,

First time posting. I hope in time I can contribute something back to the forum but as of now my PLC knowledge is quite limited.

I'm upgrading a system that was installed in 2002. Currently its connected to an HMI computer but I need to connect it to the plant's SCADA system (OSI's Monarch). The system itself has 5 slaves (M1 171CCS70000) and a master (171CCC98020). These six PLCs were installed with the Momentum option adapters (172PNN21022) and use MODBUS PLUS to communicate. The problem with this is that Monarch, AFAIK, can't communicate with MODBUS PLUS, just vanilla MODBUS.

There's an RJ45 ethernet jack on the master that is connected to the HMI computer. My question is: Can I use this to talk MODBUS TCP to the SCADA? The manuals list this as a MODBUS port but I don't know what effect the option adapter could have on its communication.

Thanks for the help. Ask if anything needs to be clarified.

Jon