1769 L23E comm Problems

timmyh

Hi,

I have a 1769 L23E-OBCF1 CompactLogix brick. When updating the firmware it failed and I had to do it again. Every thing seemed to be fine, but when I was programming it rslogix kept on kicking me offline. When I went to RSLinx and expaneded the little green flag the only think that showed up was "1789-Virtual Backplane" instead of "CompactLogix system" with the picture of the PLC. I cycled power on PLC, shut down Linx, restated my computer and it would come back to normal. I switched cords and it seemed to go away, but know that we put it on the network it started again. Even if I take it off the network and use a crossover cable or regular cat5 it does it. Any ideas? Is there a way to reset factory defaults so I can retry to udated the firmware? Thanks
Timmy H

We have had L32E firmware flashes go south during the ethernet portion of the flash and successfully recovered them. We just took the battery out over night and powered it back up and it worked again, we just had to re-flash it.

Not sure about the L23E, but you can give it a shot.