Redlion G306

texasbirds

Anyone had issues with G306 communicating with CF? I can install CF in Data Station and the card communicates normally, install in G306 (same card) and the G306 will not communicate.

Thanks for any assistance.

What brand is the card? We recommend the use of sandisk or simpletech brand cards. The size limit is 2G but if you have the newest version of Crimson you can format a larger card down to 2G.

When the card is in the G3 what does the CF led show?

Thanks
Jeremy

The CF is Patriot and it's size is 2GB. Running C3 build 222. If the manufacturer makes a difference - why does the same card function normally in a DSplus?

When the card is in the G3 the Yellow LED flashes (slowly) continuously. Use the 'Link' pulldown and attempt to Format the card, the LED flashes rapidly for thirty seconds or so, a popup displays a Formatting message, but the end result is an inaccessible CF.

Thanks

Last edited:
The CF is Patriot and it's size is 2GB. Running C3 build 222. If the manufacturer makes a difference - why does the same card function normally in a DSplus?

When the card is in the G3 the Yellow LED flashes (slowly) continuously. Use the 'Link' pulldown and attempt to Format the card, the LED flashes rapidly for thirty seconds or so, a popup displays a Formatting message, but the end result is an inaccessible CF.

Thanks

I don't know why it would work in one and not the other but I can tell you that the brand does matter. I NEVER use anything other than Sandisk for G306s, G310s, G315s, and DSPLEs because I've tried others (including Patriot and Kingston) and they work sometimes and don't other (and fail more quickly when they do work).

As JHarbin has mentioned the brand does make a difference. We have received inconsistent results from all other brands. I can't say what exactly makes the card work in one unit and not the other but this is part of the reason behind our brand recommendations.

Thanks
Jeremy

As JHarbin has mentioned the brand does make a difference. We have received inconsistent results from all other brands. I can't say what exactly makes the card work in one unit and not the other but this is part of the reason behind our brand recommendations.

Thanks
Jeremy
Jeremy,

I had the same issue as above using a sandisk 2.0GB on a G306A.I finally gave up and used a Simple tech 512MB.
Worked just fine.
The sandisk would act as described above (yellow LED).
I suspected a bad card.
I may get another to try it again ot use the same one and describe the (if any) messages after formating the card using C3.

Kind of on the same subject. I read several posts on Recipe storage on a CF card and noticed that the new Crimson 3 software appears to have some support for transferring files from the CF to a memory Stick ( I am assuming this is a USB stick?) I read the manual but its not clear to me how to initiate this. I want to be able to store recipe data in a csv file on the CF card and then transfer to a USB memory stick. Then edit the file in Excel and then transfer it back the other way and eventually down to the PLC. Is this possible?

counterfit???

Look up the counterfit Sandisk CF cards on google.
I got a local drugstore to call all the branches to send them their Sandisk cards that where less than 2GB. They sold me 15 cards for 10.00 each.
3 of them where fakes. Look at the end of the card when inserted in the G3 if you don't see a serial number on the edge of the card it is probably fake.

Look up the counterfit Sandisk CF cards on google.
I got a local drugstore to call all the branches to send them their Sandisk cards that where less than 2GB. They sold me 15 cards for 10.00 each.
3 of them where fakes. Look at the end of the card when inserted in the G3 if you don't see a serial number on the edge of the card it is probably fake.
Jeff,

i purchased both cards from Micro-Center (legit store).
I tested the 2nd 2GB card with same results as described above.
It could be a bad batch of cards.
When I format from crimson, it goes well according to the software but when I mount the card (besides getting the yellow LED to not stop bliking) I get an error that windows needs to format the card because it hasn't been formatted.

I ordered 13 CF Cards from our main Redlion Distributor. All 13 Sandisk 2GB cards worked perfectly. Had they not worked, I would have been able to exchange the faulty cards at no cost, as I stipulated the hardware the card was to be installed on.

Jeff,

You are correct we have seen a few counterfeit cards, and alot of times it is very hard to tell the difference.

bkottaras,

I haven't seen this issue with a real Sandisk card. Would you be able to send me the card for testing? I would like to see if we can determine why the card can't be formatted.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeff,

You are correct we have seen a few counterfeit cards, and alot of times it is very hard to tell the difference.

bkottaras,

I haven't seen this issue with a real Sandisk card. Would you be able to send me the card for testing? I would like to see if we can determine why the card can't be formatted.

Thanks
Jeremy
Jeremy,

absolutely.
I have 2 of them behaving the same, both sandisk 2.0GBs.Bought from legit store (I still have the receipt I think).
Let me know where to send to and I'll get it done early next week.
On a side note, what is you e-mail adress//
I have the ACS mootion control people working with me and they would like to ask a couple of questions on Modbus as well as ask for Red Lion to write a driver for their hardware.