Redlion G3 Port sharing

mjoubert

I am able to connect to the PLC via the HMI on the factory network, using Tactical and HW Serial, but when I do, all PLC status info on the HMI goes blank. Is there a way to be online to the PLC but not affect the HMI so that the machine operator can continue working as normal?

I don't think there is at this time. It is the same as disconnecting the port from the PLC while you pass-through it with the plc software. I do wish that Red Lion would somehow share the ports.

Joe_WaZoo

Joe is correct

When you use port sharing the port protocol switches from the PLC protocol to the pass through protocol. This will result in dashes on the display until the virtual port is disconnected.

Thanks
Jeremy

Similar Topics

Goodevening all... I have a Redlion PTV and Graphite with built in webserver... I can create the simple default.htm page... drag in tags to...
Replies
Views
Working on a project where I need to set the voltage, current and read the status on some power supply's. There are 5 power supply's. Each has a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, This may be a dumb question, but here it is. Is it possible to use the ethernet auxiliary port of a G315 Redlion HMI to communicate...
Replies
Views
Hello - my first post so I hope someone can help; I am setting up a Red LIon G306 HMI to interface to a very awkward control system. The system...
Replies
Views
I'm working with Parker SSD DSI3 which is Crimson 3 in another guise. I've created lots of gateway blocks and as you do attached tags to them. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom