GE FANUC-General Doubts

Hi

I am using GE Controller Rx3i with Machine Profice Edition software.

I want to know how to find out, what are the memory area assigned and what are left free. If i need to create a new tag, i want to check the address that should not overlapp with other.

I can able to create some variable list, which is showing only the name but not the address, is it temporary variable or these variable comes under which area, can we make this as retentive.

How to assign address for timer, when i double the TON timer, the function block properties open, there i can create a address, but i need to create the address using registers, like %R0010 how can i assign this to timer.

If you right click on a variable in the variable list and select choose properties, a dialog called the "Inspector" will be displayed. This will show you the address. Since you are using the RX3i, you should consider using Symbolic variables that allow the processor to manage the memory so that you don't have to. I only use physical variables in cases that require there usage, such as interfacing with a SCADA package or OIT.

Regards

If you right click on a variable in the variable list and select choose properties, a dialog called the "Inspector" will be displayed. This will show you the address. Since you are using the RX3i, you should consider using Symbolic variables that allow the processor to manage the memory so that you don't have to. I only use physical variables in cases that require there usage, such as interfacing with a SCADA package or OIT.

Regards

Its correct, but for timers if i want to use physical address, i need to keen in the address manually in the inspector, reference address wizard not opening, is this software design or something i am going wrong....

If you right click on the "Variable List" in the navigator and select Report or press CTRL+T you can generate a report of currently used memory locations, among other selections.

Remember, the timer will have three consecutive memory address associated with it. If you sort the variable list by name, you will see the array of WORDs that are associated with a particular timer. Click on the + to expand the array and right click on an individual element and select properties to show the properties for that element. I still believe that it is easier to use symbolic variables, even for your timers.

Regards

VigneshGunasekaran, greetings again. I have helped you before with the QuickPanel. If you will PM me your email address I will send you an example program for Rx3i that uses addresses for timers, etc. I think if you see how one program is done it might help you.

To PM me, just click my name.

Hi

In my program i am using timer assigned in the address 0R06000, when i am duplicating this timer variable it creates a new timer variable in the address 0R06001. My doubt is if the timer uses 3 consecutive words the 0R06000 and 0R06001 will overlap right.

Also in my program i am using %R06000, %R06001, %R06002 and so on as a boolean tags, will it overlap with R06000 timer. If it overlapping my program should not work perfectly but its working now. Pls clear me this doubt...

Here is a small program showing timer instructions that were created using different types of variables: Word_Array, Symbolic and a Single Word. Please read the comments to understand more about the way the variables were created. I am assuming that you have the latest version of Proficy.

Also, this program compiled with no errors, but the last timer instruction is definitely created in the wrong manner by creating a single register word variable and dragging it into the timer variable.

I hope that this helps,
Regards

KP_EENG - great example!(y)

Hi

I have attached the screenshot , pls clarify whether the cases overlapps

It does not look to me like your SequenceSTartup timer has an address assigned to it. I realize the tag name says R06000. But in your report the address column does not show the address %R06000.

Follow KP_EENG's example program. I also emailed you.

"It does not look to me like your SequenceSTartup timer has an address assigned to it. I realize the tag name says R06000. But in your report the address column does not show the address %R06000."

Paul B,

You make a great point and I did not notice it until you mentioned it. He has defined the variable as R06000, so the controller is using that as a symbolic variable array. That explains why his program is not stepping on the %R06000 and
%R06001 variables. They are in a totally different area of memory. Great observation.

Regards,

Last edited: