Simple data collection with S7-300

AJZ

I like to collect some data from a Siemens S7-315. The PLC will send data after each machine cycle. The data should be stored on a computer in a delimited text file. If possible, I like the PLC to close the file at the end of the shift and start a new file.
What hardware and software do I need to make this happen?

You can do that with exporting tools, but if you want to stop it at the end of the shift, then you need to have a script using something like vbscript it to start and stop at the end of a shift and change file names.

Really complicated.

However, if you use Micro historian, you can have the report runs daily at the end of shift that pulls from history.
Here is a link to the product:

http://www.matrikonopc.com/products/opc-archiving/opc-micro-historian.aspx

Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect
www.MatrikonOPC.com

flex

If there is a Wincc Flex Runtime running on that PC or on a panel that is connected to that CPU, then you can use VBscript. It's not very easy, but here on the forum you can find examples that will give you a good start.

I like to collect some data from a Siemens S7-315. The PLC will send data after each machine cycle. The data should be stored on a computer in a delimited text file. If possible, I like the PLC to close the file at the end of the shift and start a new file.
What hardware and software do I need to make this happen?