1756-CNBR/E Flash update.

Mrgumbo

Hello all,

I flashed a CNBR/E from 11.001 to 11.002 without issue to get rid of the 70 day shutdown issue. My question is concerning reshcedule of the network. After flashing the module, I cycled power and reconnected the coax and both lights turned green. The OK lights went to solid green in the chassis for the I/O modules. I checked the program and there are no yellow triangles. The controller tags for the T/C card in that rack shows changing data. I would have expected to need to reschedule, but it looks like everything is ok. Any thoughts on rescheduling anyway?

Thanks,

Fred

CNB module does not keep the schedule - your controller program keeps it
So flashing module will have no effect on the schedule

But you may need to update a keeper signature for this module - you can do it without re-scheduleing or taking controller into program mode

Thanks for the sanity check. That would explain why it still communicated. I went to training for Logix 5K version 18, and we had to schedule the network so the cards would communicate, but that was a one time deal. Never ran into this scenario before. Thanks again.