S7-200 Siemens PLC

asbargathi

Hi guise;;

How I can take a copy from an S7-200 running program, and dose there a risk to loss the running program installed in S7-200.
also I'm looking for examples for practicing???

1. Install Step7 MicroWin.
2. Get a PPI cable (USB or Serial, depending on which port has Your PC)
3. Connect to PLC
4. Set PG/PC adapter to PPI, and baud rate also.
5. From MicroWin, use command Upload.

No risk from deleting program in PLC if ONLY Upload is done. Download deletes existing program.

Practice on a spare PLC in the workshop or office. Much of this profession is self-taught and it really helps to practice on a PLC that is not running a machine before you go to the machine. If you can, I realize you may not be able to get the spare plc hardware.

Yes Mr. Paul;; this is what I'm looking for, but unfortunately, I don't have one, any how thank you very much for your help
best regards

is it possible to assemble PPI cable my self, ie using RS232 cable and make the necessary modification by soldering the required pins, dose it will work,

another question, what is the main difference between RS232 & RS485????

The main difference between RS232 and RS485 is RS485 allows for addressing. In other words RS232 conncts 1 device to another where RS485 allows for multiple devices to be connected together. How this is done goes into all kinds of things.

Yes you can make your own cable to connect your PC to the S7-200. I suggest againts this though

If you have not bought the software yet I would include a cable in that purchase. Instead of a serial cable I would get the USB to serial. This cable allows you to use a USB prot instead of a serial port.