ab to keyence

mrt19

Hello all, I have a project where I need to remove an alan bradley plc and replace it with a keyence KV-16DR. I am in the process of writing the keyence program using the ab progam as a guide and noticed the ab has a function OSR. I know that this is a One Shot Rising Edge but can't find anything in keyence for this. Ab code is as follows:

I:0/0 B3:0 B3:0/8
--][------[OSR]-------------(L)

One, what is the purpose of the OSR, and two, what is the equivalent function in keyence?

Thanks,

We aquired this machine with an ab on it. The problem is I do not have any ab software. I mainly deal with siemens and some keyence. So rather than spend $2K plus for software, cables, etc, it is much less expensive and I am more familiar with keyence that ab. I got a keyence plc for less than $100 and the software is free. Moreover, the program I am converting is only about 30 rungs, not very big.

Thanks,

Hello all, I have a project where I need to remove an alan bradley plc and replace it with a keyence KV-16DR. I am in the process of writing the keyence program using the ab progam as a guide and noticed the ab has a function OSR. I know that this is a One Shot Rising Edge but can't find anything in keyence for this. Ab code is as follows:

I:0/0 B3:0 B3:0/8
--][------[OSR]-------------(L)

One, what is the purpose of the OSR, and two, what is the equivalent function in keyence?

Thanks,

The purpose for the OSR bit B3:0/9 in this rung is to (set) latch the output address B3:0/8 (L) latching bit when the I:0/0 input bit is true for one scan. After the one scan, the I input bit is ignored until it transitions from true to false and back to true. This would allow another rung with the same output address B3:0/8 (U) to (reset) unlatch the bit even though the I:0/0 input never went false.

I cant help you about the Keyence part. I dont want to answer all the marketing questions on their site just to get the manuals or software.

Last edited:
Check my avatar for a general purpose one-shot. Just use the output of the one-shot to set your latch. Make another one for the unlatch.

RSLogix 500 Micro Free edition will support the MicroLogix 1000 and MicroLogix 1100 controllers. A serial cable is thirty bucks.

Since it's a sixteen-point Keyence controller, the A-B controller is probably one of the smallest MicroLogix.

I realize you have already made your decision, I just didn't want you to think you needed to get into thousands of dollars of software just for the smallest A-B controllers.