rslinx $ micrologix 1200

iksaa

first of all sorry for my bad english and for (i guess) my stupid question bt i very new (just 2 days) this

i have RSLinx Classic v2.54 have a cable and usb converter to put in my lap the pc ask me for drivers i downloads one form rockwell website then follow a youtube how to guide says check micrologix is in DF1 mode

i dont know how do it, i go rslinx, comunications, drivers, add new RS232 DF1, in next window select com1 put autoconfig and says error something about cable conection, i think is because i need put micrologix 1200 in df1 mode right? how i do that? or i do it all wrong

thanks in advance

greets form mexico

If your ML1200 is new then it defaults to DF1 protocol. If it has an existing program in it then look at the offline file. Check the comm port configuration. If you need help with this post the .RSS file and someone can look for you. ( zip it first)

A USB to serial converter will typically take another com port other then com 1.
Check device manager and see what port it took ( e.g com 3 ) then set RSLinx to that port.

Not all USB to serial adapters work or work with the autoconfigure. What brand do you have?

Are you really using com1 to do the download? Your computer may call it a different com #. Make sure the port you are using is com1. ALso, when checking to see if RSLinz is talking to the processor, do an auto configure when setting up the serial driver (DF1)

thanks

thanks to all for response's i little busy now in my job but i hope was some free time this weekend and do what you say, thanks a lot