DHRIO Problem 1756-DHRIO/D Rev.6.2

Hanjaya

Hi all,

I have problem on my DHRIO connection between ControlLogix5000 and SLC5/04.I found the DHRIO installed is have a higher revision than the project software.So,I have plan to replace with the same revision.What I want to ask is if I remove the module and replace it,do i need to re-schedule it in RSnetworx ?since the processor and the DHRIO are on the different Rack and using ControlNet Module.

Thanks,

You don't have to replace the 1756-DHRIO. All you have to do is change the Electronic Keying selection to "Disabled" for the Connection to the 1756-DHRIO.

This will not require rescheduling of the network.

and if you're having communications issues, double-check the termination resistors ... I've found that the DHRIO is EXTREMELY picky about that subject ...

specifically, "blue hose" lab equipment that I have been using successfully for years without ANY resistors at all now suddenly gives all sorts of problems when I connect it to a DHRIO module ... I've even found that the cable from my PCMK card for DH+ communications won't always work reliably unless I also connect a 3-pin plug with a terminating resistor to the other A-Channel port ...

I'd like to amend my comments; I use "disable keying" only when I am troubleshooting.

The correct setting when you have a module that is newer than your software supports is to set the I/O connection for the closest available version, then set the connection for "Compatible keying". That is the standard procedure for 1756-DHRIO modules and it should work for you.

If your 1756-DHRIO is only being used for DH+ communications and not as a Remote I/O scanner, it does not need to be in the I/O tree at all.

Thanks all

thanks all,

i already replace the DH+/RIO module with the same firmware in my RSLogix5000, now i can see the slc500 in my RSLINX, i can't disable keying because that's my company regulation.

regards

Hanjaya