Modbus TCP/IP

Hi

I am using Modbus tcp/ip protocal using MENT prosoft module wih ABlogix controller. I have communicated and its working fine.

While configuring modbus tcp/ip using prosoft configuration tools there is no paramter for entering the device id.I can able to see the data in modscan using the ip address with device id 1. If i chnge the device id its not communicating.

Pls clarify
The device id for modbus tcp/ip is default as 1 and internet address is there, then why is works on device id................

The IP address can ID the slave device for Modbus/TCP because IPs are supposed to be unique on a subnet.

If you check into the history of serial servers that convert Modbus RTU over RS-485 to Modbus TCP over ethernet, there were issues about using the slave ID, which I'm too lazy to look up, but remember reading about it in the manual on B&B Electronics's web site for its Modbus specific serial servers.

There's a mode in which multiple RTU slave devices on a multidrop link can be addressed via Modbus TCP from a Modbus TCP master, to a single serial server, which then decodes the slave device ID and packets the serial side with the appropriate slave ID number.

Prosoft is darned good at their Modbus implementations, so the slave ID is probably buried somewhere.

Modscan is generic, and probably requires you leave it at 1 to work. Any other Modbus TCP/IP Master won't have the option to select your device ID.
Go change the port number, you shouldn't get data after doing that either.