S7 <--> Ti545 COMMS

Namur

Greetings,

I'm currently working on a small project that would benifit from an upgrade to an S7-300 plc. Currently there is a Ti-545 installed with around 41 different cards in three racks (digital and analog I/O).

As the cost of replacing each individual card to an S7-300 equivalent would be enormous, I was wondering if any of you know or has come across a gateway configurable via simatic manager so that we can remove the Ti plc and still be able to use the remote I/O cards... somewhat like an ET200.

Your help is muchly appreciated.

Regards

Namur Herrera

Hello Namur;
On the Control Technology site, look in particular for these modules:

2500-RBC Profibus Remote Base Controller: you remove the TI505 controller, and use each rack (with I/O cards) as a remote base, such as the ET 200 series, using the Profibus Remote Base controller. All logic and I/Os have to be reprogrammed and configured in the S7 PLC master.

Optionnaly:
2577 Profibus DP Slave Adapter: you keep the TI505 controller, and it continues to run its program and controlling the IOs in its remote racks. You add the Profibus slave adapter in the central rack, and exchage data as a Profibus slave to the S7 PLC master.

If your TI processor has an integrated Profibus port, it can only act as a Profibus master; if you want to keep the processor and its remote racks intact (without using a DP slave adapter) and want to exchange data with the S7 PLC, then you can look at a special slave (2 ports) that can allow DP exchanges between the 2 masters: a DP/DP coupler. Here is the manual:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1179382.
Or you could do the same by making the S7 CPU a DP slave, configuring it as such in Com Profibus and integrating it in the TI program.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

TI545 comms

Namur
we did a similar job a couple of years ago whereby we converted the racks to profibus and had an S7-400 at the top.

Ian