RSView32 tag alarm configuration

English

I'm having trouble configuring alarms for tags in the tag database editor on RSView32 V7.2, PC running XP Pro SP2Whenever I click on the alarm tick box, I get a pop up 'error launching the alarm editor on this tag'
All the tags I am looking at are digital and addressed N15:?/??.
Do I need to use specific addresses for alarms, or can any tag be used?
Is there something else I need to do before trying to configure the tags?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,
I had the same problems as you but I was lucky enougth to get them to work.

But i cant remeber how I did get it to work exactley but I will have a look for you sometime and let you know how I got on.
I am sure that you have to set up the alarms in the Project Window.
I will have a play and let you know.

I found a dozen hits in the RA Knowledgebase using that error string.

Did you recently do an Import of tags ? Can you launch the alarm editor for an analog tag ?

Is this a new project or are you modifying an existing one ?

The generic cleanup process in RSView32 is to delete the Cache files:

1. Under the Project directory delete the Cache folder

2. In the Tag folder delete the file with the .CAC extension; It will be named <PROJECTNAME>.CAC

3. In Data Sources (Start | Run | Odbcad32 | Click Ok) in the User DSN tab, delete the Watcom SQL 4.0 Data Source that is named the same as your project. (An alternative way to do this is to go to the Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Data Sources (ODBC)\User DSN tab and remove the <PROJECTNAME> (WATCOM SQL 4.0) entry.)