Production Reporting Systems

Vetteboy

I would like some opinions on what production reporting systems are best and why. I have quite a few Allen-Bradley PLCs on DH+ and would like to setup a database that can email different people various daily reports. I've seen a lot on google, but would like real user reviews if possible. I've considered creating my own with DDE and Excel, but my experience is that the macros are not what I would call bullet-proof. I would hate for a report to be missed or lost.

The best reports I've seen where ones created by a central database where the individual user gets to pick which data in what format and when he wants it.

That was done through SQL / ODBC and Xcel clients with VB.

Not that hard to do.

Have a look at Citect Plant 2 Business.
We are currently installing it where I work. I have no running experience of this system yet, but I will let you know how it goes when it is up and running.

Doug

I've had some experience with iHistorian and infoAgent. iHistorian is Intellution's process data historian and is extremely easy to set up and configure. infoAgent is a reporting tool that will allow a user to see data collected from iHistorian. The beauty of infoAgent is that the user uses Internet Explorer to access the report and trending screens. http://www.gefanucautomation.com/plantintelligence/default.asp

Jim