FactoryTalk SE Security Based on Thin Client Running Session - Terminal Services

nileshlal

Hello all,

I have SE 5.10 Network Application with redundant HMI and Data Server as outlined below:

Server 1 : HMI Server Primary, Data Server Primary
Server 2: HMI Server Secondary, Data Server Secondary
Server 3 : FactoryTalk Directory Server
Server 4: SE Client
Server 5: SE Client

Multiple thin clients pulling sessions from Server 4 and Server 5. I want to make certain objects visible/invisible depending on which thin client is running the session. In other words, I would like to secure some object based on thin client running the sessions. I am not sure how this can be implemented. Anyone any ideas?

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

Last edited:
If you are running instance of the same FtView SE that might be pretty hard since they all use the same Tag Either PLC or HMI Tag

I would suggest that you create a Copy of your main application for Each User/Group that will be using it and remove the stuff there not allow to use

If you are running instance of the same FtView SE that might be pretty hard since they all use the same Tag Either PLC or HMI Tag

I would suggest that you create a Copy of your main application for Each User/Group that will be using it and remove the stuff there not allow to use

Thanks enault,

Problem is, there are many thin clients. There are many areas. If I create mulitple application files, specific to each thin client, management of the system will become very difficult. Also, I am sure the customer won't like that either.

I was hoping there was someother way this could be done in the code. iFix has an add on that allows you to do that. SE does not have anything like that. Anymore ideas?

Make use of SERVER3 which is Factory Talk Directory Server and define users through Factory Talk Admin console, After adding users on the HMI Server assign security to each screen by right click on the display and display settings. You might have to define user security in FTView SE also. If you want some of the client read only then you have to assign it when you are creating new client runtime.