Insight Micro and CLX

abwiz

I am currently using a CLX processor and an Insight Micro. I am using EnetIP to trigger and recieve data from the camera. I am using the module add on in RSLogix 5000 and doing implicit messaging. All is working good.

I am trying to figure out how to read and write more data. The module add on only gives me 4 DINT for input and 4 DINT for outputs. Can somebody explain how I can exchange more data? It appears that the camera has no limitations with how much data it can pump out but the PLC won't allow me to access it.

I assume you are using a Cognex Insight Camera. You need to go to their website and get the technote for "Using EIP with Insight Explorer and Controllogix". It is about a 20 page PDF file.

You can define a generic Ethernet module and set up how much data you want to transfer to the processor. The tech note will walk you through all of it. Sounds to me like you will have to get away from the pre set up Add on Profile you are using to do it. Cognex has more than enough bytes available to transfer information out of a standard Insight Camera.

I have done projects passing about 12 words back and forth to the camera in the past. You should have no problems.