OT: P&ID Drawings

erdemsvri

Hello

I am now looking at a P&ID and trying to figure out some icons here but there is no one to help me at this point.Maybe some of PLC guys here know what those means and want to help me.

I know they are not electrically controlled but I should learn them to be able to understand the process itself.

I attach the drawings here. Thanks...

vana.jpg

Top right: non-return valve
Bottom left: butterfly valve
Bottom right: pretty sure its used for temporary strainer (filter) on pump suction lines here but not sure if its always that or just pipe reducer
Not certain on the top left one, its obviously butterfly valve with an actuator of some sort, maybe electrical-actuator?

The lower right symbol is also used for a compressor or blower, but it is usually drawn rotated 90 degrees.

The top left looks like a butterfly valve of some sort, but the R symbol is a mystery.The standard ISA symbols use "R" for "Recorder" but that wouldn't make sense in the context of a valve. I'm guessing that this is a symbol the draftsman created on their own, and probably is intended to be "regulator".

Wikipedia has a decent description of PIDs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_and_instrumentation_diagram

Also see http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/p&id-piping-instrumentation-diagram-d_466.html