Genius bus data exchange

Hi

I am using 2 Rx3i systems. Each one has IC694BEM331 Genius bus controller. I connected the cable now the modules LEDs are showing green color.

How to read/write data is there is any program code needed. Pls suggest me.

one has the address 30 and the other has 31.

In hardware configuration you set up the bus controllers to produce global data. You also configure where in the PLC each bus controller puts the data it receives from the other.

The only programming you need to do is to copy the data you want to exchange into the adresses you define for the global data.

For example, under the "GlobalData" tab for the BEM331, SBA# 31, enter %R00001 as Output 1 Address and 64 as Output 1 Length. That sets up the bus controller to broadcast the contents of %R0001 - %R0064 every bus scan. For SBA# 30, enter %R1001 as Input 1 Address and 64 as Input 1 Length. That sets up the bus controller to expect 64 words of data from SBA#30 and to put that data in registers %R1001 - %R1064. You will also need to configure the BEM331 in the other PLC (SBA#30) in a similar manner.

Hi

I the attached screenshot, i do the setting for SBA30. I need to read the status for these address in other PLC which has SBA31.

My actual doubt is how can i say %Q0001 from SBA30 to be monitored at other station (SBA31).

In other words how can i map these ouputs from SBA30 to other station containing SBA31.

BEM.jpg

You'll need to add another BEB331 at SBA#31. The first bus controller you install on the bus will be the one that sends global data. Any subsequent controllers will only have a "Receive Global Data" tab. The address and length you enter there will define where in PLC memory to store the global data you receive from the device at that SBA.