Fanuc 90-30 - Genius Bus controller failed

Hal9000

Hi there,

I have Genius Bus controller failed after a power outage i.e. the COMM LED is off indicating it hasn't received a configuration from the PLC. The GBC was replaced for new module but the customer still has the same issue. i.e same LED status.

Does the new GBC module need to be re-configured ?
Can Proficy Machine Edition configure the GBC or do I need legacy software i.e. Logicmaster 90-30 software or a Hand-held Programmer ?

Will power cycling or re-loading the PLC application code recover/re-configure the GBC?

The PLC itself is indicating a healthy state i.e. for - Power, OK, Run, all of these are green

I'd be grateful of any thoughts to help a stressed customer on a Friday afternoon!

Many thanks,

JD

Configuration of the bus controller module is included in the PLC's hardware configuration. The module is compatible with Proficy Machine Edition. Was the battery good when the power failed or did you have to download the program to get the PLC to run? The PLC must be stopped when you download a hardware configuration. There is a check box to include hardware configuration in the download that doesn't appear when you start the download process while the PLC is running.

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your reply.

I'll find out what the customer has done (if anything) I'm getting my information 3rd hand at the moment but they may ask if I go to site to assist.

They had a long power outage so its feasible the battery wasn't in good shape, although all the PLC LEDs are green.

many thanks

Justin