GE-Fanuc Genius bus

Hi

I have Genius communication between RX3i and GE Fanuc 90-30 system using IC94BEM331 Genius controller.

I referred the manual but its not clear how to wire and program for it. Since i am new to GE fanuc. kindly suggest how can i proceed.

Wiring is pretty straightforward. Get a cable that meets the specs and wire one color to the Serial 1 terminal on the Bus Controller and all drops. Wire the other color to Serial 2. Be careful about the Shield In and Shield Out connections. One side is grounded, the other is not. Connect them incorrectly and you open yourself up to the possibility of creating ground loops.

If all you're using Genius for is remote I/O, no ladder logic programming is required. Mapping of the drops I/O to PLC addresses is all done in hardware configuration.

Tell me what manuals you have and I may be able to recommend others that you have missed.

i just have the Module specification manual only. My actual doubt in wiring is,there are 5 points each in the module for serial 1,2 and Grounds.
The twisted cable has only two wire, which point i need to consider. I need the pin wiring manual.
Also for programming i need to read/write data between two PLCs, is there is any communication block required. If possible can you provide any sample program.

Page 3-6 of GFK-1034B shows the terminals. There's not much needed for programming per se, the data is exchanged through the card's configuration.

I just acquired one of these IC660BBDO23R modules while cleaning out an engineering room. I thought I could use it as a quick and dirty I/O block from my PC for testing purposes. Is there a file that explains the serial protocol? I also have the Proficy software if that helps. The module appears to be in unused condition in the original box with data sheet. If this is not practical I have a module for someone, or the dumpster.

Thanks,

-Andy

I just acquired one of these IC660BBDO23R modules while cleaning out an engineering room. I thought I could use it as a quick and dirty I/O block from my PC for testing purposes. Is there a file that explains the serial protocol? I also have the Proficy software if that helps. The module appears to be in unused condition in the original box with data sheet. If this is not practical I have a module for someone, or the dumpster.

Thanks,

-Andy
I suggest you put it on eBay, the Genius Serial Bus requires proprietary hardware.