Problems with FX3U Profibus and A|nybus communicators

Coops

Hi All,

I have two PLCs:
FX3U complete with Profibus Master Module(64DP-M)
FX2N complete with Profibus Slave Module (32NT-DP)
3 x Anybus Profibus to serial convertors.

The problem is I have never used profibus with mitsi before. I am only trying to get the two plcs to talk at the moment, everything else is disconnected off the bus and the resistors are on at the ends. I managed to get it talking and now it doesnt talk. I have configred the Master module using DP-Configurator to have 16IN/16OUT/4IN/4OUT but i dont know if i need to set a buffer size in the slave module?? THe error message coming back is regarding configuration error?

And if anyone has done anything with Anybus before then i will be gratefull of any help or examples using mitsi software as i dont know where to start with that one.

Thanks for any help.

OK, I have had some success today. I changed the GSD file to a older one and now the two PLCs are talking great :)

Now, I havent a clue about this Anybus communicator....anyone used this before....I know i have to put the three nodes into DP Configurator....thats the easy bit. But im unsure on how to address them in the PLC and how to setup them up using the ABC Config.

Thanks for any info.