RSView Studio Global Settings

RBergmann

I have a project using a PV+ and SLC 5/05. I'm trying to set the RTC clock in the SLC (using the HMI) and display the time and that data in the PV+.

So far, I have no problem setting the PLC time and date from a PV+ screen that I've developed, but I cannot seem to figure out how to use Global Connections (in RSView)to permit the SLC to act as a remote time and date source. What I've done so far is assign tag names to S:37 - S:42 and S:53 and put these tag names in the RSView Studio Global Connections' "Remote" areas. I figured that the association is automatic if these are filled in. I've left the system tag names blank for these same properties.

Any thoughts? Or have I explained this in too confusing a manner.

You're almost there.

The Remote Year/Month/Day/Hour/Minute/Second values don't get applied every time the Remote tags are read by the Global Connection service.

Instead, you assign a tag to the "Remote Date and Time" field, and when that tag goes from 0 to 1 the PV+ applies the other Remote elements to the terminal's onboard clock.

Because you are using a "adjust clock" screen, you have an easy way to set a value in logic to set the SLC's clock, then turn on the tag associated with "Remote Date and Time" so that the PV+ is then synchronized.

RA Knowledgebase article number 27693 has a good explanation and screenshot.

Thanks, Ken ...

I think that I understand what you're telling me. I'll give it a shot when I get to the site tomorrow morning.

Have a good evening.

... rab

Because you are using a "adjust clock" screen, you have an easy way to set a value in logic to set the SLC's clock, then turn on the tag associated with "Remote Date and Time" so that the PV+ is then synchronized.
I finally was able to synchronize (to some degree) the update of the PLC clock and subsequently the PanelView Plus. For some reason the PV+ runs a bit ahead of the PLC by a couple of minutes after the update is applied. I'll see what I can do tomorrow to massage this to match the times.

I like to set the "Remote Date and Time:" in the global connections to system\BlinkSlow This way it is always being synchronized.
I may also try this. It's an interesting idea.

Thank you both for the interest. The concept is important to the way I need the system to work.

... rab