RS LOGIX 500 and vmware?????

mer

As it is well know, the older versions of RS Logix 500 will not work in the newer os systems (vista/win7),my question is now that this VMWare is out has anyone successfully downloaded and running older versions with newer os systems thanks Mer...

I use it almost daily in VMware. My host computer is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

I have multiple guests with different operating systems but my main RA machine is running Windows XP w/SP3. But I also have RSLogix500 running in Win7 virtual machines as well.

The only real gotcha is that virtual machines don't support PCMCIA cards. I use the USB adapters for DH+ and DH-485 and they run just fine in virtual machines. Ethernet and serial connections are easy as well.

OG

Just curious....what did you mean by:

"now that this VMWare is out"

VMware has been out for many years. Are you thinking of Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode? These are both new and intended for Windows 7.

OG