RSlogix 500 timer issue

bearsgone

Hello

I have: 2 pumps that alter every time pump 1 or 2 runs based on level. Problem is that I can not reset timers after the first run. Logic: As soon as level drops below 30, reset timers.
Any suggestion on how to improve will be greatly appreciated.

conversion1.jpg conversion2.jpg conversion3.jpg

You could try using TON timers instead of RTO

<TIME ON> timers only time whilst the rung conditions in front of it is true, and automaically reset if conditions are false.
<RETENTIVE TIME ON> timers retain there value if conditions go false and require a reset.

Choice 2 use a <LES> than 30 then <RES> to reset your timer

Just to elaborate on Gil47's post, you can also use the "reset" instruction with the same address as the timer you want to reset. When rung conditions are true preceding that instruction, the retentive timer will reset to 0.