Start up and Test Procedure for new PLC

pct_jimmy

I was wondering if anyone had a start-up/testing routine for a new PLC? Presently I am updating a 14 year old Siemens system with an Allen-Bradley Control Logix system. I am also installing a new operator console to go along with it.
I'm already working on a test routine for the system but I would like some other thoughts from others.

Panel testing

I do, but I am not sure it applies in your situation. I have a combined Cause and effect and Alarm/trip matrix document for all of my I/O. When testing a new PLC, I use the HMI to confirm that I've got the right scaling for the analogs, that all of the ATM functions work properly, and with a simulation system I confirm most of the cause & effect scenarios. Including the hooking up of the simulator to the panels, this process takes about 4 weeks.

We make complete panels, so this is done on a regular basis.

This is what i do :
1)check incoming voltage, 460 or 230 vac, stepdown transformer, power supply etc
2) check all the wiring use an ohmeter, check ground connections.
3) check for safety items MCR, safety relay, check fuses, etc
4) check inputs individually, check fuses
5) check outputs individually, check fuses
6) check scada and hmi
7) check plc program, better if you have subroutines, disable all other subroutine enable only the one you´re checking.