Please translate for me.

Rebecca

I would like to know how to say/write somethings to our office cleaning staff that are Japaneese. Could someone help me?

-Please clean the windows.
-Please vaccum
-Do not empty
-please sweep
-please mop

I know this seems funny, but we would really like to give them an opportunity to do a real good job.

Thank you so much. Rebecca

I followed a link that told me to get a translation from Japaneese to English was here. Sorry. Do you know of the correct site?

I followed a link that told me to get a translation from Japaneese to English was here.

Did you look around for similar requests on this site before you posted yours? Did you check the friendly little drop-down box at the bottom of the page to find that Japanese is not listed in the translation options? Do you accept everything else that you're told so uncritically? Can I interest you in some oceanfront property in Nebraska?

response

I guess I am a trusting person and I like myself that way. I am far from dumb and would not and have not ever been scammed. So answering your question. NO!

There are several sites that do online translations..use the word "translation" in the search. NOTE: You will need windows Japanese language support installed for the wording to make sense...ie not look like gibberish.

I suggest trying bablefish, it may work well enough. http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Do not think I am the nice one because I answered the question...I am frustrated because of another issue and had to do something to keep from going mad. ALTHO I have no problem helping with any problem when/if I can.

Ah Japanese!

It brings back the memories.

Unfortunately my level of Japanese extends only to picking up girls and getting into fights (street level). Telling the local yahoos (wanpaku) to clean up just gets you strange looks and telling the girls to clean up makes it difficult for a pick up.

A tip, if these Japanese cleaners are working in the US, they probably know enough english that they can read your instructions.
If they are in Japan, well Japanese are usually pretty good at cleaning anyway, so you probably don't need to give them any instructions.
Anyone who has done an industrial 5S program would probably know this (notice my pulling this thread towards being on topic).
Anyone seen the inside of the SMC factory? You could probably safely eat sashimi straight off the machines (apart from the irate operators).

Doug.

Mickey I use freetranslation.com at times BUT did you notice or take the time to check if it does English to Japanese?

Steve Bailey said:

That would be a good answer to two of the four questions I asked, but not so good for the other two.

It would also be a good answer to the question you posed in your second post.

Lighten up buddy. Didn't your mother tell you that if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all?

I asked a Japanese friend of mine to see if he could help you. He's
in the same Physics/Trig class I'm taking (he's setting the curve).
He said...he didn’t understand!