Profibus DP simulator

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Does anyone know of a cheap or free software/hardware simulator for Profibus DP. I have to prove a profibus DP slave device works before I ship it to a customer.
Regards Alan Case

What do you mean by "free DP simulator" ?
Any test will not make sense without actually doing a real life hook-up of the slave with a master. And for that you need some kind of "hardware" that can be a real DP master.

If you have any profibus master available, then simply configure the master with the DP slave. Then read/write values to/from the slave.
If you dont have any DP master capable hardware, and yoy are on a budget, then buy a second hand S7 CPU with onboard DP port. Older models are quite cheap on ebay.

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a GE RX3i rack that has a profibus slave card with a built-in DB9 connector (IC695PBS001). I need to simulate a profibus master...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Spending a couple of weeks testing some systems in Norway. Some of the systems have drives controlled by PROFIBUS. Instead of unpacking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was noticing that Profibus connectors have 2 ports on them that can house 2 separate cables. Can I use 2 cables with Profibus signals...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in possession of a WAGO PFC 200 750-8216 which I was successfully able to set up as a Modbus RTU Master to a slave device using...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom