Rockwell Factory Talk Licenses

fran007

Hello,

I'm developing and appliacation, where I going to use an Advantach HMI (Industrial Computer) and a Remote Computer (Desktop) running at the same time with the same access level, with maximum 75 Display.

Could you please inform, what licences of Rockwell Factory Talk Software do I need to buy?

Thanks.

AFAIK there are a few things that can be done in SE but not ME but not much. ME is primarily for PV Plus and a PV Plus Has a ME runtime already on it from factory it is embedded.

SE station is good if you plan on starting with one panel and plan to expand it to many. Going from SE station to distributed just means a couple license changes. Making one or more machines a server and many machines a client. You can convert from ME to SE but it is not without challenges. Some things don't convert and others fight you all the way.

If the application has any chance of ever becoming distributed and because you are starting with 2 computers i would choose SE if it were me. Just depends on where you plan to go with it. I am not sure about the differences in cost but you can get list prices from the ab website.