LAdder logic diagram-variables

For what is the use of the variables in ladder logic diagrams?
Without any variables, everything would have to be "fixed" - not changeable and thus not programmable. That would defeat the entire purpose of using a programmable logic controller.

Note that ladder logic diagrams do not have to apply only to programmable logic controllers. Ladder diagrams can also be used for relay panels, in which case, they usually do not contain variables.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi there! I am new to PLC's, and I have undertaken the task of converting a primarily pneumatically-operated machine to electrically &...
Replies
Views
I'm the beginner. Can anyone help me draw ladder logix diagrams with this? Thank you! 1 . A part is placed on a hook conveyor. The part...
Replies
Views
please help i didn't solve this problem with rslogix. I counted but i am not using timer. How i will fix this situation? Please anyone solve this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a beginner with PLCs, so I am new to the ladder logic diagrams. I need help with the following: 1:When switch one (SW1) IS CLOSED, THE...
Replies
Views
I need someone help to write a ladder logic in PLC 5 to take an average of 8 input values within 2hrs of an analogue input connected to channel...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom