ML1100 to ML1100 MSG

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a ML1100 that is reading the value of a load cell. This load cell is measuring the weight of a hopper that is being filled then emptied. I have another ML1100 that I want to be able to see the weight as well.
I think the best way to get the data from the 1st plc is run an ethernet cable and then use the MSG instruction to get the values.
Am I correct that this is the way to go, or is there a better way?

Derek

I have a ML1100 that is reading the value of a load cell. This load cell is measuring the weight of a hopper that is being filled then emptied. I have another ML1100 that I want to be able to see the weight as well.
I think the best way to get the data from the 1st plc is run an ethernet cable and then use the MSG instruction to get the values.
Am I correct that this is the way to go, or is there a better way?

Derek

I am not that familiar with the ML1100, but I would say that is the best way to go. I am unaware of any other options. I always try and use a Read when possible. There is less chance of creating problems that way.

Stu......

Seems sound.

I think going from device to device you'll need a crossover cable. You could use a switch though and have normal cables.