CLX>ML1100 MSG Instruction limit

SpecialK87

I have a CLX L61 and I'm trying to read from and write to a Micrologix 1100. I'm attempting to read 200 REAL elements but I'm receiving an error 16#0013 "Configuration data size too short". The max that I can do without error is 58 elements. Why is that? What are the limits for SLC typed read in MSG instructions?

I think the limit for a MSG initiated in a Micrologix is 104 integers, which would be the same size in bytes as 58 floats. It might be the case that it can only respond to messages of that size initiated by another controller. Seems like I was able to read about 112 integers from a SLC. (I don't recall the exact number, but was slightly higher than the Micrologix).
:confused:

EDIT:
Answer ID 900972
Access: Everyone.
👨🏻‍🏫

So we are getting more than what that technote says is possible (51 floats, 103 integers).

Last edited:
hmmm interesting... I am able to read 58 elements but only write 51. Thanks for that article btw I couldn't find that information