password on wincc

harrydeharry

hi all,
how can put password on wincc. I want to do this for only one screen.
help will be highly depreciated,
warm regards
harry

Hello,
It's not clear if you use Wincc, or Wincc Flexible.
If it is Wincc you must first read very carefully the User Administration document wich is usualy located on "drive:\Program Files\Siemens\WinCC\Documents\English\UserAdmin.pdf" to learn how to create users, passwords and to logon in runtime.

To swtich to a screen wich is not available for everyone you must first LOGON and then click the button assigned for this.
The button must be set like this: " Properties -> Miscellanous -> Authorisation -> Tag entering "

Good luck

I'm not sure if there is an other way to protect objects with passwords then the LOGON operations. Maybe writinig scripts on the event properties but is much more complicated.

I got this from one the Siemens forum and working fine but in this any one can find the password easily if you can see and suggest how to make it robust.

Follow these steps for a simple example:
1. Create an internal 16 bit text tag called TagPassword.
2. Create an I/O field (data format string) and add above tag in Output Value attribute.
3. Create a button and add following C script on Operator-Control Enable attribute:
=============================================================
#include "apdefap.h"
BOOL _main(char* lpszPictureName, char* lpszObjectName, char* lpszPropertyName)
{
if (strcmp ( GetTagChar("TagPassword"),"abcd") == 0) //Return-Type: WORD
{
return 1;
}
else
{
return 0;
}
}

I didn't imagine it can be so simple. Thank you for the information.
On the other side, yes, anyone can access the project manager (WinCC Explorer) and see or do enything he likes. But this can be avoided if the Windows Administrator sets the system so that the operator (user) cannot access enything but the runtime application.
Best regards,
Teckhno