Siemens wincc password

stu

Hi all
I have had an issue with operators keep finding the hmi passwords out , is it possible to use a digital input to login to a user engineer password ******
And the log out when the key input =0

There could be an option using area pointer (communication from PLC to HMI). There is a list of possible functions. Not sure if there is user login via this parameters.

I used this to control screens on HMI or Recipes in recipe window. Check the attached Siemens manual. See page 45 and further.

Last edited:
Page 174 - Job mailbox - there are some User logon and use Logoff jobs - so it seems that it is possible.

So you should be possible to read digital IO in PLC, in PLC call job in HMI to log on user.

EDIT: Manual is for old HMI panels but function remains the same in new TIA Comfort panels etc ... I speak about physical Siemens HMI panels, not the big WinCC SCADA.

Last edited:
Note, last time I checked, if you do this and then try to read what user is logged in via runtime, you just get PLCUSER. It has the correct group/permissions as expected, but I don't think the name comes through all the way; if that matters.

There could be an option using area pointer (communication from PLC to HMI). There is a list of possible functions. Not sure if there is user login via this parameters.

I used this to control screens on HMI or Recipes in recipe window. Check the attached Siemens manual. See page 45 and further.
Could you please specify which manuals have the pages about job mailbox?
Thank you