Siemens S7/WinCC/TIA v18: Customised error Msg when user login incorrect...

Mas01

Hi, At the moment, If the user fails to provide a valid username/password, the image attached appears "Invalid password or user name. Logon has failed." (see pic).

This *seems* to be the HMI (KTP1200) default error message for Login Failure, but it only appears for 1-2 seconds - barely long enough to read it - before returning to the login screen.

I would like to create a text box on the login screen e.g. "Username/Password Invalid: Please try again", but I'm not sure how to do this.
This message box would be visible only when a login attempt was unsuccessful.

I do have a tag called UserGroupNumber, which is:
0=nobody is logged in
1=Operator logged in
2=Technician logged in
3=Admin logged in

Maybe I could use this?

Or is there a "built-in" tag which is e.g. 1=Login successful, 0=Login unsuccessful?

Thanks.

IMG_20230928_121713.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: I noticed in my photo that the system error code is 260000.

I looked this up in the spec (see pic) and yes it means 'user login unsuccessful'.

Is there any way I can assign that error code to a Boolean tag in the code?

Thanks

error code 260000.png

You can then find the 'system events' tab under HMI alarms (*).
Find system event 26000, and add the desired function or script to the event 'incoming'.

*: I think that in previous versions of TIA you had to specify in the TIA settings that system events should be displayed. Maybe that is not necessary any more.

You can then find the 'system events' tab under HMI alarms (*).
Find system event 26000, and add the desired function or script to the event 'incoming'.

*: I think that in previous versions of TIA you had to specify in the TIA settings that system events should be displayed. Maybe that is not necessary any more.
Thanks for this.
I had to import the System Events (I just had a blank table initially).

I don't quite understand your sentence in bold.

Thanks

system events.png

You need to look in system events, but on a basic panel you can't (or I don't know how) assign anything other than the following triggers.

image_2023-09-28_163009428.png

Ah, yes, that's definitely an option!
As long as the alarm is displayed for long enough for it to be read, that's a pragmatic solution.
Good idea.

Yeah, I don't know why 2s is the default, it's a dumb amount of time.

The other option is to display the Alarm Buffer instead of Pending Alarms in the alarm view. This will show the last XXX alarms on the screen (varies according to tech specs).

The other option is to display the Alarm Buffer instead of Pending Alarms in the alarm view. This will show the last XXX alarms on the screen (varies according to tech specs).

That's another good idea...you mean like a dedicated "scrolling ribbon" of errors/alarms at the foot of screen? Unfortunately space is limited in this application, but I've seen that sort of thing on other HMI screens.