SIEMENS HMI (WINCC)

Timtje

Hello colleagues,

On a Siemens Multi panel (MP 377 12") of a machine (S7-300) at a customer's site, some parameters need to be changed that have been with admin and 100 for years (user and password).
Since yesterday, this suddenly no longer works.

PLC and HMI already rebooted several times without result.
Anyone who knows a solution or cause for this?

Thanks in advance,
Have a nice day,
Tim

WinCC has an option for password attempts.

If someone has tried to login with the wrong password for the user, x amount of times (Set in wincc project) the HMI will lock that user out.

This is active by default at 3 password attempts.

The only way to reset it is to re-download the project. Restoring a ProSave backup or the backup generated from within the OS may also work but I don't remember trying those. Before downloading the project, be sure to find that setting in the user setup and un-check it if you don't want this to happen again. Also be aware that logging in successfully does NOT reset the count. In other words, if you mis-type the password twice and then log in successfully and then a month later mis-type again, you're locked out.
When downloading, there's na option to overwrite the user administration that you have to check for this to be reset.

The other way of restoring the password is having a HMI page with the user administration control.

An unfortunately you'll need an separate user account on the HMI with admin rights.

Thanks for the quick reply!

In the past we tried several passwords so not sure if there's an attempts limit...
Besides admin / 100..., are there other default users such as technician, user, ...

The program has an autoloader (boots automatically) so i can't access the WinCC easily...
I presume the max attempts isn't located in a seperate file but embedded in the project.

Thanks in advance,
Tim