PV+1500 update

angi

Hi Guys

I just got a problem after the the program of PV+1500 was updated:

I added some buttons function to the program, everthing runs good except the login password changed for one of the display, but I did not change anything for security.

What's wrong about this?

Thanks

Hi Oki
I just uploaded form the PV+, changed it and loaded back. the FactoryTalk software never show me version issue. Is there anything wrong if the version is different? what do I need to do about the version issue?

Thanks

There may have been issues if you had to change versions from 3.2 to a newer one.

Since you were able to upload the .mer and restore and edit it, can we assume you are running 5.0 or 5.1?

Another possibility might be that the security password was changed at runtime and was overwritten by your download. Do the security settings in the offline file match what is now in the machine?

Oky
1. There is an account ID: A6FCDD19_A76A, how come the ID display like this?
2. there is not function to change the PW at runtime in this application.
3. Yes, I am runing version 5.0.

Thanks

I had a similar experience when I tried to edit an application that was created by the OEM. I believe it had to do with whether or not you restore the local factory talk directory when you first restore the application. Answering yes would have fouled up my machine, but answering no caused the security settings to become randomized.

My solution was to manually edit the fields, save the file, make a new runtime and transfer it.

EDIT: If you have techconnect access see answer ID 45605

Last edited: