Panelview1000 standard Programming

srv

i have a panelview1000 standard,When i tried to communicate with my lapto and panelview thousand through 2711-NC 13 cable i could communicate with Panelview and i got autoconfigure through RSlinks.But when i tried to upload the program using panelbuilder 32 version 3.8 i got a message "check cable or port is not assigned for printer".I am sure that my cable is the rightone.But in my HMI program there is no exit program option to enter HMI configuration mode.runtime program is running from the startup.How i can enter to panelview terminalsetting mode so that i can change RS 232 port for printer dissabled and i can use it for communication.

And if you don't have a touch screen model see PDF below.

Also what is the complete catalog number of your PanelView?

In panelview1000 standard DH+ is used for communication with SLC500.If i want to coomunicate through RS 232 communication port which is now configured for printer.Can i change both of the port for communication???.Then can i get communication to PLC & PC same time.

Please provide us with the complete catalog number of your Panelview.
Also tell us which SLC500 you have.

And any other communication hardware you have.

That isn't the catalog number. It should be 2711-x10xx, where the x's tell us about the comms options, keypad options, etc. There are so many different configurations, and some of them won't let you use the serial port for communications, but you usually can use them for program transfers.

For the 1000, I believe the only models with DH+ and a serial port are:

2711-T10C8 (color)
2711-T10G8 (grayscale)

To configure the serial port for program transfers, go to the configuration screen, select Printer Setup, and on the printer setup screen set the printer Port Mode to Printing Disabled.

This should allow you to use that port for program transfers using Panelbuilder32.

I
n panelview1000 standard DH+ is used for communication with SLC500.If i want to coomunicate through RS 232 communication port which is now configured for printer.Can i change both of the port for communication???.Then can i get communication to PLC & PC same time.
My Panelview is 2711-K10C8

As stated above you can connect through the PV's RS232 port if its not configured for a printer. You will need a straight thru cable and the DF1 driver in RSLinx.
Or you can connect to the DH+ network using a 1784-PCMK card or the newer 1784-U2DHP ( USB to DH+ converter) and be connected to both PLC and PV.

Or you can use the passthru feather of your SLC5/04 and connect to the SLC5/04's serial port then see both PLC and PV. ( see pdf below for a how-to on passthru)